Wednesday 7 August 2013

REVIEW: Rimmel Apocalips - 8 Shades

Supppppppppppppppp? It's been a while. A really long while... Have you forgotten about me yet?

Yeah... haha my bad. How have you been? I've just recently started my second semester and it's been pretty hectic already :(

Everyone has been telling me to post something on my blog again so here I am. Finally. Please don't hurt me. I will try and post more often from now on. I promise. I have been trying out a lot of products though so I haven't been THAT lazy. I have quite a few reviews coming up for you guys :)

Anyway, today I am going to talk about the Rimmel Apocalips! I'm so excited to be writing about these! I believe that they came out in Australia abouuuuuuuuuuuut a month ago? Somewhere around there. So yeahhhh, I have a total of 8 shades/colours to show you :) I'm planning to go and get a couple more but for the time being I think I have enough. This might be a long post because there are quite a lot of pictures but I hope you don't mind that ^_^

On to the review :D


I believe that there is a total of 14 shades and 9 of them are sold here in Australia. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The 8 colours that I am going to be talking about today are:
  • (600) Nude Eclipse
  • (100) Phenomenon
  • (500) Luna
  • (102) Nova
  • (101) Celestial
  • (201) Solstice
  • (301) Galaxy
  • (303) Apocaliptic

Where I purchased it from: Priceline (retails for about $15.95) & ASOS

What it claims: (from the Rimmel London AU website)
It's the End of Colour as you know it! 
The intense rich colour of a lipstick, enhanced by a satin smooth shine. 
It's neither a lipstick nor a gloss... It's BIGGER than both! 
LONG LIVE THE COLOUR! 

Packaging: First off, I love the packaging - it's very eye catching! It comes in a sleek tube that has a gradient/ombre effect where it fades from black to the colour of the product at the bottom and the top is glossy and has a 'diamond'-like/crystal shaped cut out. I think the packaging is gorgeous. This product has a doe foot applicator but what makes this product different is that it actually has like a little dip or 'hole' on the angled side which holds more product so that you don't have to keep dipping it back into the tube when applying it. I think that's pretty cool if you ask me. If you're afraid of the applicator putting way too much product on your lips then just flip over to the flat side of the applicator and use that side to spread the product. Simple!
Another thing about the packaging is that when it's new and unopened, the top part of the tube isn't filled. When you first open it and pull the applicator out, it fills in the top part so yeah, that's how you'd know if it's a new tube or not. Thought I would add that in there :)


As you pull out the applicator, the product starts to fill up the top part of the tube

I've pulled the applicator all the way through so now it's fully filled :)

My thoughts: I absolutely love these!! The first time that I used it I was like omgggggggg so smooth *_*
I'm not usually a fan of lip glosses because I don't like the way that they make my lips look so I was pretty hesitant to try these out at first - I was afraid that they'd be too glossy. But they're not. They have the perfect amount of glossiness to them and glide on so easily over your lips. What I also love about these is that they're not sticky at all - they're so comfortable to wear! This is another reason why I'm not a big fan of lip gloss - it's sticky (well... all the ones I've tried were). So another thumbs up!
They also have incredible pigmentation! Usually with some lipsticks, I'd have to layer 2-3 coats over my lips to get the pigmentation that I want but with these, I only need to go over my lips once and I don't even have to dip the applicator back in to get more product out. YAY! If you do want even more colour, these are buidable so you don't have to just stick with one application. Do whatever your heart desires ;)
The staying power of these however are alright. Once the 'gloss' wears off, they kind of turn matte (but not like fully matte... if you get what I mean) and they don't look as shiny as they did when you first apply it. It does rub off during the day and also when you eat but it does slightly tint your lips - at least the darker shades such as galaxy and apocaliptic do. I found that the lighter/nude colours such as nude eclipse and phenomenon can get into the lines in your lips and can accentuate dry lips so it'd be a good idea to exfoliate and moisturise them before you use the lighter colours. I also haven't experienced any bleeding of the colours so I guess they don't do that. LOL
They never really claimed to be long lasting but it's always good when products are, right? So I guess the only downside to this product is the longevity of it but for what it is, I think all the positives of it outweigh the one downside :)
As for the scent... I don't really know how to explain the scent. I don't mind it - I don't even notice it when I'm applying it, but I have heard that some people don't like the smell of it so I guess it varies with everyone. I'm not good at describing scents... but I think it kind of smells like bananas..........? LOOOL okay maybe it doesn't... But I'm like feeling a little light-headed here as I'm sniffing it trying to find out what it smells like.

Here are the swatches of the 8 shades and a little about what I think of each of them :) I only have one layer of product for all the following swatches.

My lips without any colour on it. I only have the Nivea Lip Butter (Vanilla and Macadamia) on it



- At first I wasn't too fond of this shade. This was the colour that I was looking forward to trying out the most but was quite disappointed with it. At first I kind of felt like it looked too "concealer-y" on my lips against my skin tone however, after a couple more wears, I do quite like it. It is a nice shade of nude. I just try not to apply too much and it looks really nice. As stated before, this can emphasise dry lips and cracks



- Phenomenon is more of a pinky nude and I prefer this shade a little more than the nude eclipse. It suits my skin tone better and this is the nude colour that I prefer to wear. So if you're a person that prefers more of the pink-toned nude shades then this one would be the better nude colour for you :)



- Luna is one of my favourite shades! This shade would be a beautiful shade to wear during the spring and summer seasons but of course you can wear it whenever you want to hehe. It's definitely orange but not like a bright orange - just a soft orange with a slight coral tone to it. It's a really nice colour :)



- Nova is a nice bright, rose pink colour.  If you love pinks then this would be a great colour for you



 - Celestial is another one of my favourite shades! It's more of a deeper pink than nova 



- Solstice is one of my favourite everyday colours for the colder seasons. It's a colour that isn't too dark but still gives you a deeper shade. I think this is great for those who isn't into those really dark shades but want some colour. This shade has really tiny shimmer in it but isn't that noticeable on the lips



- Galaxy is a deep mauve-y colour  with a purple undertone and I think this colour is great for the colder seasons. It is darker than the other shades so if you like medium-dark shades then this would be nice. This shade also has tiny shimmer in it but again, not really noticeable on the lips



- Apocaliptic is a bright, fuchsia/hot pink shade. It's definitely harder to apply than the other shades because it is so bright but when you do apply it nicely and everything, it's such a beautiful and bold colour. If you like bold colours that stand out, then this one is for you!

Overall:
- Would I repurchase? Yessssss! If I do ever run out of a shade then I would definitely repurchase it.
- Do I recommend? Duhh :D If you guys haven't tried this out yet then go out and get one to try. Plus, it's a drugstore product so it would be fairly cheap in other parts of the world - you can't go wrong.


I hope this review wasn't too long and that I didn't bore you... but thanks for reading! Or if you just scrolled through the pictures... haha thanks to you too! And do you like my pyjamas? I've had it since grade 6 so... almost 10 years. Well that shows how much I've grown :(

Have you tried the apocalips yet? Which shades do you like? Let me know! ^__^

Until next time, guys! Take care! <3

Pochu

(All products mentioned in the above post were bought with my own money. Review is in my honest opinion)

9 comments:

  1. ohhhhh you got a bunch of pretty colours! I only have one and I'm on the search for a few others. They all look gorgeous on you :)

    xoxo, charlene
    lipstickandsweets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your blog and beautiful swatches! Great review on the Apocalips too, I have four of their shades, but Apocaliptic looks fab on you, might have to check that out. My favorites of my bunch at least are galaxy and stellar! Do pop around my blog and check out my review on these :)
    xx

    http://inkquisite.blogspot.com/2013/12/review-rimmel-apolcalips-lip-lacquers.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the informative post! Really enjoyed all the pictures and indepth review!

    Followed x

    Y-OONYEE [click for korean beauty]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your blog :)

    http://beautylicious-yollipop.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comprehensive reviews. We have similar skintone so this is really helpful to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you don't mind that I linked this review on my own review. I was trying to explain how the product fills that clear gap as soon as you open it but I wasn't doing a great job, so your photos were perfect to link. Love your review. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries and thanks! great review! :) <3

      Delete